Clinic opening times:
- Monday 9.30am – 3pm
- Tuesday 9.30am – 3pm
- Wednesday 9.30am -2pm
- Thursday 9.30am – 2pm
- Friday 9.30am – 2pm
- Consultations by appointment
Herbal dispensary open 12-1pm for emergency consultations and repeat prescriptions. The dispensary stocks cough medicines, salves for joint & muscle pain, herbal teas, skin creams, gargles and more…
The clinic experience
In my herbal clinic, you will be encouraged to describe your health issue and your current diet and lifestyle. I will listen carefully and respectfully as you tell your story and may ask questions to work out the underlying cause of the issue, so that the herbs prescribed will work with your body to correct the imbalance(s) and improve your health. I am trained to examine and diagnose illness in the same way as a medical doctor. I will then draw up a prescription specifically designed for you.
I use several forms of herbal medicine:
- tinctures, where the herb is extracted and preserved in alcohol and the liquid remedy needs to be diluted in water
- teas, where dried herbs are covered with boiling water and infused for several minutes
- creams and salves, to be applied to the affected part(s)
- essential oils diluted in a carrier oil, to be applied as directed.
- dietary changes – many foods we can eat have a gentle medicinal effect and including appropriate foods in the diet can improve health.